It’s been a while I posted on skincare and this gap was intentional. My skin was messed up and I needed to be sure before I wrote a routine and mentioned products that worked for me. And my skin being super sensitive these days I know these products are going to work for almost all skin types wonderfully. And off late I have been focusing on travel blogs and I haven been travelling a fair deal. And this skin care is curated keeping in mind the change in temperatures and change in place.
Winter came early to my place this time and the weather has been pretty confusing. Once it’s raining and then I find the weather too dry. And its not just me but my skin too remained confused for quite some time. However, I promised that I shall keep my skin care simple this winter, no matter how cold and dry it gets. I stuck to my old favorite kbeauty products. While some of the products were my old favorites, I added a few new ones too.
My skincare has been minimal lately and I do go for the ‘ice facial’ 3 – 4 times a week even in winters which helps my skin stay fresh and awake. [Read – ]. Though it may sound weird but sun tan happens more during winters and so sun protection remain important as usual and hydration has taken a step ahead due to dryness.
My morning routine has gone down to minimal, all thanks to the ice facial. My skin has been doing great and I wish to continue with this routine for the whole of winters. No matter how much I tried to fit into the 10 step kbeauty routine, I just feel minimal products go best on my skin during the day. And so… the minimalist routine –
- Wash face with normal water. I have stopped using soap or face wash on my face for quite sometime now and I do not wish to start using it anytime soon.
- Wet a cotton with good amount of rose water and dab it nicely on my face and neck. This also helps remove the extra dirt from skin and also works as a toner.
- Skipped essence and started using the ‘Yuja Water Serum by SkinFood Korea’.(review soon)
- Started using the ‘Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream’ on days when my skin is too dry (Beauty of Joseon Dynasty Cream Review )or I just stick to Patanjali Aloevera Kesar Gel on days my skin feels oily.(Patanjali Saundarya Aloe Vera gel Kesar Chandan)
- End with sunscreen lotion. I have also introduced this aloe soothing sun cream with SPF50 PA+++ from CosRx which I will be reviewing soon.
- Used Micellar water (Kbeauty Step 1 – Oil Cleansing : Garnier Micellar Oil Infused Cleanser Review ) to get rid of the dirt and creams
- Washed face nicely with lukewarm water. No soap and face wash used
- Did double toning — 1. Wet a cotton with good amount of rose water and dab it nicely on your face and neck area.
- 2.Used Beauty Water by Son&Park. I have been wanting to use this for quite a long time and I grabbed the travel pack to check how it works and if it is worth the hype.
- Using Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence (Kbeauty step 4 – Essence : CosRx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence)
- And in place of a night serum I incorporated Lactic Acid 10%+HA by The Ordinary. Before this I was using – and it worked amazingly well for me. But that’s one hell of a costly serum… so, I have been experimenting to check anything else works on my skin that well. So far so good with this one… review will be out soon.
- For the night cream I tried The Body Shop for the first time! The seaweed oil control overnight gel caught my eye and I thought of giving it a try. I have got a travel pack for myself and will review once I use it for enough days.
In the meantime I am masking with totally natural homemade masks (you can check – also I will be doing a blog on masks that go well for hydration during winters).
Other than keeping my skincare basic I also made sure I drank a lot of water and got enough sleep. I also avoided fried food as much as possible and had a lot of green vegetables.
One thing I learned about skin care is that we should never over do! Keeping things simple helps and gives you the best of results.
I know I haven’t been blogging much in the last few months but I have promised myself that I shall be more regular and write at least blogs a month this year 😀
Please do keep showing your love and support as you guys always do…
Stay healthy!Stay Blessed! Keep Glowing!