Most of you might have seen your parlour wali aunty using Hydrogen Peroxide while doing your pedicure and manicure. But do you know hydrogen peroxide has so many amazing uses that you can actually keep it handy at your home?! It can be used for cleaning, hygiene, healing and so much more!
What is Hydrogen Peroxide?
Hydrogen Peroxide or H2O2 is one of the most common household disinfectant in the world. It’s always possible you might have one in your medicine cabinet or your kitchen sink. It’s the only germicidal agent that consists of only oxygen and water, which kills disease organisms through the process of oxidation, and it’s thought to be the world’s safest, all-natural sanitizer. So if you still do not own a bottle, its time you pick one!
While most people associate hydrogen peroxide with its ability to treat minor medical conditions, which is why you will find the chemical compound easily in any medical store. There are some incredible uses of this chemical for your beauty and health and I shall be discussing a few uses that I know and have been putting it to use.
⇒Though extremely helpful this chemical is! You have to be super careful as to NEVER swallow any of it.
————————————————— BEAUTY USES ———————————————————
- Bleach Your Hair – Because it is more gentle than household bleach, hydrogen peroxide is also great for lightening hair. (Haven’t tried this myself but looks like a great idea! And it works J )
- Whitening Your Teeth – Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to make a homemade toothydrogen peroxideaste that will also remove stains from teeth when used daily.
- Get Rid Of Bad Breath – The above mixture not only helps you whiten your teeth, but helps get rid of stinking breath too!
- Whiten Your Nails – Soak fingertips and toes in hydrogen peroxide to naturally whiten your nails.
- Soothe Dry Skin – Hydrogen peroxide can be an excellent natural remedy for dry skin. When you add half a pint of peroxide to your bath water, the extra oxygen helps to rejuvenate the body and leaves your skin hydrated. Its antiviral and antibacterial properties can also help with various skin infections and skin conditions.
- Get Rid Of Acne – If you suffer from acne that has become infected, use hydrogen peroxide instead of antibacterial soap to help speed up the healing process. Applying it to acne on the skin will work in the same way as it does on wounds. It will not only clean the area, but it will also kill the unwanted bacteria. ** Make sure you apply only on the affected areas.
- Use As A Facewash – If you want to try your hand at cleansing with hydrogen peroxide, dab a cotton ball in a little H2O2, add few drops of water and gently swipe it over clean skin. You can include some skin-healing essential oils like tea-tree or mint or neem for extra acne-fighting power.
- Softens Corns And Calluses – Mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide and warm water to make a foot soak that will naturally soften corns and calluses.
——————————————————— HEALTH USES ——————————————————-
- Antiseptic Mouthwash – Use a cap full of hydrogen peroxide as a mouth rinse to help whiten teeth and kill germs that cause bad breath.
- Disinfect Toothbrushes – Soak toothbrushes in hydrogen peroxide to kill staph bacteria and other germs common to the bathroom environment.
- Detoxifying Your Bath – You can add two quarts of peroxide to your bath to give the water a detoxifying boost. It’s perfect for helping you rid your body of all kinds of infections from the lower half of your body, including many STDs. Soak in the tub for at least thirty minutes to ensure you emerge from the bathtub free of germs. But most of us do not have tub… so you can just add one/two cap of the compound in your bathing water everyday for the results.
- Helps You Heal Boils – Pour half of a bottle (about 8 ounces) of hydrogen peroxide into warm bath water and soak to treat boils.
- Remove Your Earwax – Put a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide into ears, wait a minute or two, then follow-up with a couple of drops of olive oil. Wait another minute, then drain fluid from ears to remove ear wax.Pretty Simple.
- Heal Ear Infection – Put 6 – 8 drop of hydrogen peroxide in each ear to alleviate symptoms and help clear up an ear infection.
- Treating Foot Fungus – You know now, why beauty parlors use H2O2 for you pedicure and manicure. You can also do the same thing at home.
- Helps Ease Sore Throat – You can treat a sore throat with hydrogen peroxide. You can gargle a mixture peroxide and warm boiled water and that will give you instant relief.
Not just beauty and health but Hydrogen Peroxide has a number of other uses in your house. Not only is it non-toxic, but it’s also environmentally friendly, so you can keep your family and pets from ingesting harmful chemicals. It’s also an inexpensive solution for keeping your entire house free of germs and bacteria.
Only use the lowest grade of peroxide, 3 percent, that you can find in the pharmaceutical section of your local grocery store. Higher grades of the chemical, known as food-grade, can be extremely dangerous. 3.5% is considered pharmaceutical grade, and you can purchase it in local drugstores and grocery stores. It’s the most favorite type and the one that is most familiar. It contains a variety of stabilizers, including acetanilide, sodium stannate, phenol, and tetrasodium phosphate.
**No matter how in-toxic and useful this chemical compound is, it cannot be consumed! So we must be careful while using the same.
That’s all for today… 😀
Till Next Time… Keep Glowing! <3