I will be honest that I had gone overboard with the Korean skin care obsession. When I started off using less and simpler products by skin responded very well. I had the glow I always wanted and my skin was finally crystal clear!
When I saw the products working for me… I started experimenting with more complex products. And at times I was using more than one product at the same time. Which was a huge huge mistake.
In Dec when I was leaving for my vacation my skin started breaking out real bad! I never had so many pimples on my face in my entire life. I freaked out and ran to my dermatologists, who said I had been experimenting too much and my skin was not able to adopt to the complex products in this short time and I needed to go slow on them. That I sure knew!
So immediately after coming home… I stopped using everything and went totally basic to give my skin time to heal. I did keep following routine but the products were very basic and I must say that had worked for me wonderfully.
I did not want to take any photographs and in fact I had no plans on writing a blog on this but I changed my mind when a friend of mine did the same mistake as me and started suffering from seriously acne problem. So I do not have many photographs but only a recent one where you can see the dark spots on my cheek. From a face full of pimples I am finally left to deal with these few stubborn dark spots!
So here is the simple routine I followed to relax my skin and get it back to shape(almost… yet a long way to go).
– Morning Routine –
- Wash my face with normal water. I used no soap, no foaming face wash, just plain water.
- Wet a cotton with good amount of rose water and dab it nicely on my face and neck.
- Skipped essence and used a few drops of Klairs Vitamin C freshly juiced serum.(Review up soon)
- No creams but Patanjali Aloevera kesar gel ( Patanjali Saundarya Aloe Vera gel Kesar Chandan )
- Sunscreen lotion (Kbeauty Step 7 – Sunscreen : Lotus Safe Sun Matte Sunscreen Gel SPF 50 Review)
Through out the day I did wash my face and re-applied the gel and sunscreen lotion. And avoided any form of makeup.
– Night Routine –
- Used Micellar water (Kbeauty Step 1 – Oil Cleansing : Garnier Micellar Oil Infused Cleanser Review ) to get rid of the dirt and creams
- Washed face nicely with lukewarm water. No soap and face wash used.
- Did double toning — 1. Wet a cotton with good amount of rose water and dab it nicely on your face and neck area.
- 2. Used Wishtrend Mandelic Acid toner ( Kbeauty Step 3 – Toning : Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water by Wishtrend Review! ) the second time.
- Skipped essence and used a few drops of Time Revolution Night Repair Borabit Ampoule (Review soon)
- Lastly Tony Moly The chok chok Green Tea watery sleeping pack.(review soon)
All this while I haven’t used any sheet mask or any kind of mask. But my dermatologist suggested that I start masking now to get rid of the spots and I am going to start with home made masks, which I shall write about in a different blog and also mention the home made scrubs I have been using all this while 🙂
Other than keeping my skincare basic I also made sure I drank a lot of water and got enough sleep. I also avoided fried food as much as possible and had a lot of green vegetables.
One thing I learned about skin care is that we should never over do! Keeping things simple helps and gives you the best of results 🙂
That’s all for the day. I hope it helps somebody going through the problem.
Till next time! Keep Glowing! <3