Finally I have shifted to my very own domain! And that calls for a celebration. What better way than posting something that is sweet and yet healthy! 🙂
This is something that I carry with me when I travel so that I don’t end up eating something unhealthy. I will be honest… I am not a big fan of fast food. I hardly have chips /fries and cold drinks is something I did not have for ages and I don’t feel like having either. And so I like carrying my own food when I know that the roads are going to be long and there will be no food available other than store-bought chips and fries. And the best part about these laddos is that… it fills you up! So it’s also great for those sudden hunger pangs most of us keep getting.
We all know that there are huge benefits of having dry fruits. So these laddos are not only tasty but also nutritious and filling and also a no fat food. And you can have them anytime of the day and it also acts as a great diet food for people who are avoiding unhealthy food and are looking to lose some pounds.
Honestly there is no exact recipe for making these laddos. The proportions can totally vary according to your taste. However the ones I made is as follows —
Recipe for Dry Fruit Laddoos :
- Prep time – 20 – 30 minutes
- Total Time – 30 minutes
- Course – Dessert
- Cuisine – Indian
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pista
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup figs
- 11/2 cup dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp flax-seed
- 3 tbsp oats
- Peanut butter for binding ( as little as possible)/ ** you can also use ghee
Put everything (except the peanut butter/ghee) into a chopper ( I used a chopper and not a grinder as a grinder would make the mixture powdery and I like biting on to the whole nuts in my laddoos ). now put the mixture in a bowl and add the peanut butter/ ghee and mix properly. Once in a consistency to make laddoos roll them up in you hands into round balls and its done!
- If your dates and figs are dry, soak them in warm water overnight. These two ingredients not only give sweetness to you energy balls but also acts as a binding agent.
- You can also dry roast the dry fruits before putting them in you chopper.
- **Another way of making them is also that after the mixture is out of your chopper you can roast the whole mixture in a little bit of ghee and roll the mixture into balls. And it shall be ready. But once cooked the laddoos have to be stored in an airtight container and have to be consumed within a week. While the one made with peanut butter, can be stored in the fridge for a month.
Hope you guys try out and love the laddoos as much as I do 🙂