Okay guys… finally!! I know this has been taking more time than I thought but trust me this is going to be worth the wait. I wanted to put all the tiny little things that I could. And I got a few mails requesting to come up with something regarding hair care, so… with the heat rising and taking a toll on your hair, this was the perfect time for the post. I am having to take so much care of my hair (with this ridiculous length I don’t have a choice :/ ) and i came up with a few DIYs which worked amazingly well on my hair.
Your hair is your crowning glory and so if you fall prey to brittle and lifeless hair, it can affect your entire look… and mood as well!
Gentle care and a good eating habit is all you need to keep those tresses intact.
Trimming is important and should be done regularly. And just like our skin , our hair too is effected by what we eat , drink and the lifestyle we follow.
I keep repeating all the time… drink plenty of water. And its better to eat fruits than to use a fruit shampoo for treating your hair.
Hairfall can happen due to a number of reasons… weather , diet , dandruff , improper hair routine etc. And there are a number of natural ways you can use to cure your hair problem. I shall be discussing this gradually… but to start with, I am going to put together a few easiest easy DIYs for the ones who do not have access to a lot of stuffs( girls in hostel – I totally feel u ) and the lazy days! At times we are really lazy or tired or just unwilling to get up and assemble a number of stuffs and apply on our hair… I am super lazy myself. And so I will tell you some easy hairpacks I use in my lazy days.
- Milk Hair Pack – Take raw milk(not boiled) in a bowl. Take a cotton dab the milk soaked cotton on your scalp and get your hand dirty and put the milk all over just like you apply oil. Wrap your hair in a plastic cover… keep it for 20 – 30 mins and wash off!
- Curd Hair Pack – Take Curd in a bowl and blend it well with a fork. Now apply all along your hair just like you apply oil. Wrap up your hair in a plastic cover and keep it for 20 – 30 mins and wash off!
- Curd And Egg Pack – Blend curd and egg and apply all along you hair and wash off after 20 mins.
- Aloe Vera Hair pack – The Patanjali Aloe Vera Juice is readily available and it awesome! Use it to apply all along your hair , wrap up your hair with a plastic wrap and wash off after 20 – 30 mins. This works as an awesome deep conditioning pack! A must try…
- Apple Cidar Vinegar Pack – Take some apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix it with water in 1:1 ratio. Take a cotton and wet it with the solution and dab it on your scalp. Let it stay for 15 – 20 mins and wash off your hair. This will also help you reduce your dandruff.
- Cleansing Milk Pack – In my previous blog I have mentioned that if you have a dandruff prone skin then avoid using oil. And let me tell you cleansing milk is a very good alternative to hydrate your scalp and also helps to rinse the dirt off easily. Take some cleansing milk in your clean hands and with the help of your finger tips massage your scalp with it and rinse off after 15 – 20 mins. Do not keep it over night.
Wile these tricks do work for quick nourishing and conditioning … But a cure for a more acute problem needs time and good care.
The first problem I want to address is dandruff and thinning.
This is one problem that is irritating as well as embarrassing! But the good news is self-treatment can be very effective and all the ingredients needed are mostly available in our home.Get hold of a spray bottle(readily available in stores) .
- Boil 3 cups of water – add 1 tbsp of fresh/2 tbsp of dry rosemary leaves and 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves. Let these cook for 15 mins , switch off the gas and cover the pan properly. You can also put the min water in a tea infuser if u have one. Let the water come to room temperature and strain the liquid in a spray bottle.After you’ve shampooed your hair, spray on the scalp and hair until it is evenly soaked through. Leave on for at least 5 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- Take 2 cups of coconut milk (prefer home-made) and 1 cup aloe vera gel (I use patanjali). Mix them thoroughly well. This mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for a week. Massage the mask into your scalp and through the ends of your hair. Wear a shower cap and take some steam to help the mask penetrate well. Leave it for 20 min and wash off thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
A lot more coming in the next blog… Do check out!
Keep Glowing 🙂
Check out the previous blog on hair care–